Introduce the little ones into some basic origami with these winner medals - also known as rosettes. Great for sports day or any classroom game.
Introduce the little ones into some basic origami with these winner medals - also known as rosettes.
Difficulty rating: ***
You will need
1. Take a square piece of paper, cut it into four long strips.
2. Stick three of the pieces together, end on, to create one long strip.
3. Fold it concertina-style all the way to the end.
4. Stick the two ends together to form a concertina paper loop.
5. Flip it inside out and ensure it is taped securely.
6. Fold and flatten the loop, holding the centre tightly, so that you have a concertinaed circle.
7. Tape the back securely.
Taking another piece of paper, cut two small strips (these will be the ribbons off the bottom).
8. Tape them together at one end to form a small V.
9. Tape the point of the V to the back of your medallion.
10. Cut out a small triangle at the bottom of each point of the V.
11. Taking another piece of paper cut out a small circle – you could use other shapes such as a star or triangle.
12. Write “WINNER” on your circle (you could also write “1st” or your name).
13. Attach it to the centre of the medallion.
Your medal is now finished so go and celebrate in style!